A veggie diet is widely believed to be the healthiest that you can have, but it’s often been portrayed as being faddish or boring – sometimes both.
Here’s the truth about a veggie diet – and it may surprise you.
- A veggie diet lowers your cholesterol and cuts your risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, clogging of the arteries, diabetes and some kinds of cancer, makes you less likely to have a heart attack or stroke, and has been proved able to reverse the effects of heart disease;
- A veggie diet gives your whole body a natural detox, getting rid of harmful chemicals like pesticides used in the rearing of cattle and chickens and the preservatives used in the production of their meat, and means you don’t consume those harmful chemicals in future;
- A veggie diet helps you to avoid obesity, with all the health risks and damage to your self-esteem obesity involves;
- A veggie diet gives you strength. Some of the world’s most powerful animals, such as gorillas, don’t eat meat;
- A veggie diet saves you money – LOTS of it;
- A veggie diet helps you save the planet. A United Nations report claims rearing cattle is accelerating climate change by causing 40% more greenhouse-gas emissions than ALL the trucks, cars and airplanes in the world: ;
- A veggie diet helps you ease the worldwide water shortage. It takes just 25 gallons of water to produce a pound of wheat… and 2,00 gallons to produce one pound of beef;
- A veggie diet helps you fight world poverty and feed the hungry. 750 MILLION people suffer chronic hunger, while each year farmed animals eat 760 million tons of grain;
- A veggie diet helps you to reduce world cruelty to animals. Many animals and most poultry are raised in factory-farms, where conditions are at best un-natural and at worst (which many of them are) a torture too distressing to describe here. If you wouldn’t want a guided tour of an abattoir, or to subject your dog or cat to factory-farm conditions, do you REALLY want to be responsible for doing that to ANY living creature?; and
- A veggie diet can be varied, satisfying, nourishing and totally delicious. Just browse the veggie section of your local supermarket, or google some veggie recipes, and see! (And if you STILL don’t believe you’d actually ENJOY a veggie diet, find out how you can actually re-reducate your tastes to let you LOVE the foods that are the very best for you…)